What’s better the combining pasta and asparagus? Only the fact that this dish takes less then thirty minutes and can be made in one pot!
Quick and easy so you can get back outside and enjoy this beautiful weather!
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 box (13.25-oz) penne pasta
- 3 cups water
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- ¾ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for one minute without stirring.
- Stir the chicken and continue to cook until it’s browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion into the pot and cook on medium-high heat and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and oregano.
- Add the uncooked pasta, water and 2½ cups of the broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the liquid is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus and remaining 1 cup broth. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the asparagus is almost tender.
- Uncover and return the heat to medium-high. Stir in the evaporated milk, parmesan cheese and chicken (with juices).
- Simmer uncovered until the sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked/heated through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe Source: Yummy, Healthy, Easy
Photo Source: Wholefully