- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 box (13.25-oz) penne pasta
- 3 cups water
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch chunks
- ¾ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer and cook for one minute without stirring.
- Stir the chicken and continue to cook until it’s browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion into the pot and cook on medium-high heat and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and oregano.
- Add the uncooked pasta, water and 2½ cups of the broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the liquid is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus and remaining 1 cup broth. Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the asparagus is almost tender.
- Uncover and return the heat to medium-high. Stir in the evaporated milk, parmesan cheese and chicken (with juices).
- Simmer uncovered until the sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked/heated through. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe Source: Yummy, Healthy, Easy
Photo Source: Wholefully