These pumpkin waffles are the perfect fall breakfast! Making these waffles is super simple and they taste delicious! Add warm, pure maple syrup on top and you have yourself a fantastic breakfast that the whole family will love!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 egg yolk plus 3 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons of melted cooled butter
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Mix the milk, pumpkin, butter, egg yolk and vinegar in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Use batter immediately in waffle maker.
Recipe Source: No. 2 Pencil
Photo Source: Girl Makes Food