This recipe is a sweet twist on holiday classic! Try these out with the whole family and bake up some new memories!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 large yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 Tbsp shortening
- 1/3 cup peppermint bits or finely crushed candy canes
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl wish together flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tarter for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tarter for 20 seconds, set aside.
- Scoop dough out 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time and shape into balls. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner, spacing cookies 2-inches apart (chill dough balls that aren’t currently baking in refrigerator on plates) Bake in preheated oven 10-11 minutes (cookies should appear slightly under-baked). Remove from oven and allow to reset several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Coating:
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a medium microwave safe bowl and head in microwave on 50% power in 20 second intervals, stirring well between intervals until melted and smooth. Dip half of the cooled cookies in white chocolate allowing excess to run off (or side bottom slightly along edge of bowl) then transfer to wax paper and immediately sprinkle with peppermint bits. Allow to set a room temperature or in refrigerator. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy