Educational Farm Field Trips: Teacher Resources
Teachers, please note … these are great resources to assist with continuing your students’ farm education in the classroom. Check back often, as we may update our information periodically.
Good to know …
- Sharing is nice!
Teachers will get one bag of animal food for every 20 students.
- Yum! A Snack!
A fresh Apple Cinnamon donut from our market bakery and one juice will be provided for each paid visitor.
- What about food and beverage?
Field trip participants are welcome to bring their own lunch — a picnic area is available. Please make sure your area is left as you found it. Garbage bins are located in the picnic area.
- Are pets allowed?
No pets are allowed, for the health and safety of all animals and our guests.
- What if it rains?
In case of rain, we will contact you in the morning of the tour to let you know if your tour is canceled. Also, watch Facebook for weather updates.
- What if you have to cancel your tour?
Please call the Lewis Farms at least 24 hours before your farm field trip to confirm.
Quick Reminder for Teachers
It is your responsibility to have enough chaperones for your farm field trip. We want it to go smoothly for everyone! Please request that your chaperones stay with their assigned group at all times.
Fun for your students!
- Download: Coloring sheet (Jeffrey and pals!)
- View and print a PDF file on Maple Syrup Facts
- View and print a PDF file on Benefits of Honey, including some recipes
- As a member of The MAiZE, Inc, we are able to provide teachers with a variety of Teacher Resource Guides broken into separate grade ranges. Each include: activity goals, National Curriculum Standards, preparation required, materials needed, worksheets, and step-by-step instructions. Go to: Classroom in the Corn to download a sample or view by FlipBook option. When you have booked your field trip, we will provide a password to the Resource Guide that is appropriate for your class.